Monday, March 03, 2008

Nearing the end...

Ahh the wonders of blogging (or the lack of it...) Seems like one blog post a month is the top for me now - not good really for an inspiring student journo as I should be embracing this new form of technology and leading the way.
There is regular student blogs here http://education.apple.com/students/blog/ , http://confessionsofastudentblogger.wordpress.com/ and this guy is putting every student too shame! http://blogs.pressgazette.co.uk/students/
Makes me wonder if I have the necessary passion for the industry. I have had placements aplenty on newspapers and radio but have been turned down for a placement during Easter at a paper back home and in my Uni town due places already being taken.
I am finishing Uni in around two months and am unsure which direction to head in - despite doing a newspaper route on my degree course. I would love to work in regional news, whether that be on radio or on a paper but the possibility is opening of me going to Australia for a month or two and hopefully that will be on some form of working holiday and not a put the feet up type of holiday as I can't afford to do that with so much competition out there.
This week is a busy one for me though, two assignments due in this Friday and working on the newspaper we are producing in class. The non-assessed version is every two weeks and for the last two weeks I was news editor and by my own admission I have the leadership qualities of a sheep so did not do as well as a wanted. But this time (the last non-assessed edition) I hope to be on sports so we'll see if that gets my journalistic flair up as at the moment I am on the road to success but it's under construction.

No comments: