Saturday, March 15, 2008

Easter Break

The Easter Break is now upon us at the University of Central Lancashire (UCLan) - which means three weeks off right? Sort of, as the class has to do a portfolio for newspapers which is due in the first day we come back and of course Law and PA must be revised for upcoming exams and shorthand has still to be worked on. Also, the first week back at Uni marks our first assessed newspaper so that should be interesting but thankfully no editorial position for me on the first one, the second one is where I will take a position.
On a side note, just thought I'd point you in the direction of two websites one being http://www.weeklygripe.co.uk/ which is a really good site to read about peoples "gripes" - trsut me you will be able to relate to some of the stuff and student out there, a website I only recently found http://www.ukstudentnews.co.uk/ a website for students to put up stories from their Universities - a useful tool which I wish I had known about earlier!
I will be relaxing during my easter break as I need to but on W/C 24 of this month I will be on a weeks placement at a local radio station on their news team which adds valuable experience to my portfolio and I will be trying to sort out my future plans and if they involved Australia.
That's all I wanted to post, writing down my thoughts to see where I am, before I head off home tomorrow and now I am off to sneeze and dose myself up because I am full of a cold :(

No comments: