Tuesday, March 04, 2008

last big effort

WOW! is what you are thinking... two blog posts in two days = unusual.
It is but I got to thinking (despite not having wireless internet back at my house, which we should have as that is what we are paying for...) that I created this blog to post my thoughts and as the blurb says it is the random thoughts of a STUDENT journo and I am only (I think) going to be one of those for another few months, so lets take the finger out and put it on the keyboard and blog about stuff.
Hopefully future "stuff" will be more important than this post as this is the re-launch of the attempt to blog more reguarly as I have a blog and the technology so why not embrace it and post more? Then I could even be proud enough to put this thing on my CV and mention it to any potential employers...but we are a LONG way away from any of that.
But to prove that I have not been resting on my laurels I have, today, sent an application off to a cricket writing website and a soon-to-be on the air radio station and hopefully I will get a response from those - even if it says "sorry, but no."
The problem is (good job this thing is secret...) I am not sure what I am doing when I finish Uni, you see I have the desire and possible opportunity to visit Australia as my parents have family over there and one is in the journalism/PR industry and might, just might, be able to give me a hand up/help on getting a placement in Melbourne. This is still pie in the sky but I would love to do something like this as I am still sort of free (being only 20 years old and all) before I settle down with a job.
I am sure with my promise to blog more you will be kept up to date and all the ups and downs and developments of my last few months at university but it is kind of sad I started this with the intention to give a guide to students studying journalism and post my thoughts frequently on issues that mattered to me...judging by this blog both of them equal not much!

Finally, I would like to wish a get well soon to a guy who really helped me at a radio station I volunteered at from 2005-07 . I sat in and broadcast on his show a few times as we were coined "The Jim and Joe Show" - thats my imagination anyways!
He had a heart attack over last weekend which, I have been assured, he is now recovering from and it could have been worse so just like to wish him the best and hope he gets well soon because he really gave me some fond memories of volunteering for hospital radio.
A post way back on this blog called "Tribute to Bingo Bill", describes how one of the team who pretty much shaped my desire of radio is already no longer with us.

No comments: