Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Work ex is coming my way

The work experience placement I applied on Friday has cashed in with a result as I have a two week placement on the news team of my local commercial radio statio over summer. Very happy indeed, as my phone call following up the e-mail led to a placement offer and thumbs-up from me! I am soon to write something for the NUJ in collobaration with Liverpool JM Uni as well which should look great on the CV and give me valuable experience writing for industry professionals.
Outside journalism, I worked a shift serving the supporters pie and beer at Blackburn Rovers football on sunday and doing the same on wednesday night and its been a nice and tidy job to keep the money rolling in. 5-a-side this morning was terrible, last week it was arranged for 10-11 and without telling me that had changed to 9-10am so not happy but can't do anything about it.
Currently working on a blog about Iraq and British troops there so that will be up very shortly but the rest of today is going to be spent preparing and being in a seminar, working on cover and overt bias and relaxing at night by watching the footy! Have a good day.

No comments: