Saturday, February 10, 2007

Journalism course

I am in my 2nd year now so things are starting to pick up an soon I have to decided whether I want to take Broadcast (Radio and TV) or Newspaper route- I have narrowed it down to them 2. So far I have had 3 assignments back and got a good result on one but the others haven't been as good, still plenty of time to pick it up to a 2:1 and not far off at all.
One thing I have noticed about the journalism course at UCLan is that they tell us to express our opinions and free speech but as soon as that a slight criticism of the journalim department happens... then it shouldn't have been done as has happened on a recent occasion! Anyways, Frequency is another area were my cuurent frustration lies...the manager resigns, the studios take longer to refit then necessary then the playout system is changed without telling anyone! My radio show today was very poor, tomorrows should be a bit better...I hope.
I have realised this blog is sounding quite negative about UCLan and journalism, don't get me wrong it is a great course and like anything, has a few minor problems that shouldn't detract from the fact it is NCTJ qualified.
On Monday if I get a good result, if I learn how to used the new radio station playout system and speak to a course rep or the tutor I will be happy as pie again.

No comments: