Monday, February 12, 2007

Planning for summer

I have been busy today preparing for summer work experience placements. It is around this time, maybe even a little earlier that most of the journalism students apply for work experience placements in the summer. When everyone else is relaxing and taking a break we are slaving away in the industry that we want to spend a career in. Might sound bad but its not, I thoroughly enjoyed my work experience placement at my local paper last summer and I have applied there again. I learned a lot about journalism in the real world and not just what the University course offers me. Hopefully these work experience placements will help me get a foot in the door because my assignments are not helping my cause at the moment. My 2nd year has not gone so well at the moment and I have had assignments back and found out I have not done as well as I would have liked and its not a great feeling. Just means that I have to work harder in other assignments and do better or else I will be in danger of missing out on a 2:1 and if 2nd year results go like this with only so much work then my 2:1 degree is in major threat for my 3rd year. Still plenty of time and I hold out hope, just have to work harder and do better.

No comments: