Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Following on...

... from my last post I have not got the placement at the same local paper as I did last year :( as I applied to late. I have been metaphorically kicking myself since I heard that and as I said in my last post: I should have applied earlier. I have applied for another local paper back home and to be part of the news team at my local radio station as I desperately need a placement this summer, to fill time and gain valuable journalistic experience that I do not obtain on my course. However, after the weekend at home for my cousins 18th b'day I have come back to Uni refreshed and ready to get stuck into assignments. I have 2 essays 1,500 words each to in March and a mahoosive portfolio due in for the end of April which I am going to get on with after posting this blog. My radio show will be back on air this weekend which I am looking forward to and hopefully all the equipment will be working. Tomorrow, I am off to the Manchester careers day with the UCLan Journalism society so I will be armed with my CV to gain the most experience I can from that but tonight I am going to relax by watching my team face up to the Catalan Giants in the Nou Camp, should be a great football game and will be my just rewards for the hours I am going to put in now for my work to try and get that, so far elusive, 2:1 in the 2nd year.

No comments: