Friday, March 16, 2007

An update

Since I last posted on here quite a few things have gone on!
I am writing 2 stories for the fortnightly edition of my student newspaper, 1 which I submitted today and 1 for Monday.
I am setting to work on my elective assignment due in on the 30th March.
I have got a placement at a local bi-weekly paper back home for a week so thats good news.
I am still doing my radio show 9-11am on the Uni student radio station and still enjoying it.
The NUJ/Liverpool JM research project is going to be followed up on Sunday so hopefully that will end up with my name on a website and more to add to the CV.
I have been working once a weekend for the past month or so and am doing tomorrow to keep a steady cash flow coming in and I get to work at a footy ground...can't knock it.
I keep meaning to post more often on here but I guess i am just lazy...but recently as I say I have been busy and have been trying to avoid Mr. Murdoch's conglomeration and convergence by signing in and getting a google account. I am signed up for so many (insert expletive here) websites/forums/newsletters/pileofcrape-mails that I didn't want any more but I had to create a google account to sign in so cheers more spam for me! That seems to be the problem with the media industry, some change is good but other is unneccessary and pointless or just to make money. I'm not a great fan of an oligopoly-type media market and am glad competition is still healthy but my personally frustration lies with this "google" account. I use google regularly and have never needed an account but Mr Murdoch and associates have been swift to acquire this and MYspace (or as its now been coined "Rupert's space") to try and squash all competition but for me, it will always be the BBC! Can't be your quality, serious PSB for top-notch journalism.

No comments: