Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Radio is NOT dead

This is my 98th post and first as someone who is out there in the "real world" as I am not a student journalist anymore so deep breath.

It's not all bad news though as I am news editor for Preston FM this week in Lancashire. It might be an unpaid position but it looks pretty sparkling on the CV and it is the stations last trial broadcast before going live full-time later on in the year.

The role involves me gathering content along with my news team (who I haven't actually seen yet!) for a one-hour show on Saturday which gives me a comfort bed since saturday's used to be "Whitworth at the Weekend" on student radio.

I am hanging around this city (if you can call it that?) until the middle of June when my tenancy runs out at the house I am staying in and then it will be back home to look for a career, it is weird as most of my friends from Uni have already packed their bags and headed off home. I have already hit and applied for some jobs and face the dilemma of do I go all out when part of me still wants to go to Australia or do I wait and go all out after the Aussie trip? hmm it's a toughie.

Finally, I have been looking around on the net and after hearing so much about it I have joined Twitter but I have the feeling that account will go the same way of my Digg account - nowhere.
I also found this little gem of a site, a bit of a laugh put into England missing out on Euro 2008 and helpful as it can help you learn bits of a new language!

keep twittering, digging, blogging, stumbleUpon, Delicious, reddit and facebooking with the technological generation everyone :)

No comments: