Monday, May 26, 2008

The last ever blog post as a university student (?)

I think it will be as I finish university on Thursday - I have an exam tomorrow and one on Thursday and that's it.

No more student life.

That is very scary and I will really miss university, but I suppose everyone has got to grow up and get on with life so the time has come!

The best advice I can give to anyone thinking of university is that it is/has been the best years of my life and I am so glad I spent three years of my life doing this - maybe it could have been at a different uni, maybe even a different course but the life experience I have got sets me up in good stead and looks great on the CV.

I have been applying for a few jobs, some in the print journalism industry which my course reflects as I took the print route in the 3rd year and some in radio, which is a big interest of mine.

Which is the reason I will be playing some part in the final test broadcast before preston fm goes live full time - this is another boost to the CV and I will be doing it for free.

I am still hoping to go to Australia later this summer but have had no solid experience offers, which I half expected as it was a bit ambitious for someone to say:

"yes, we don't know you but we will employ you for around 2 months and pay you!"


But that will look great on the CV give me an experience I will NEVER forget so I am really looking forward to that.

Otherwise in my (probable) last blog as an undergraduate journalism student I bid you all farewell!

No comments: