Friday, June 27, 2008

Press Gazette awards

These are the student journalist awards and not the real industry ones but they are still very special to get one and were judged on Friday 27 June in London.


I had no shot of getting into any of the nominations but fellow students at UCLan did get into the nominations.


The best bit is they won quite a few - just goes to show with me blaming the Uni at times for my poorness in my degree, it was actually my fault!



Ricki Dewsbury, who seems worse than me at updating his blog, collected both the Scoop of the Year and the News Writer of the Year awards.



Student Radio Journalist of the Year was won by someone else I knew and played football with at Uni = Thomas Clarke and Team of the Year went to:


Homefront a magazine which "hits spot-on the market it is supposed to be aiming for", the judges said.

The downside is for people like this guy and Dave Lee who I can't believe didn't get one to be fair from what I have seen/heard about him.


The total awards meant UCLan actually scooped 6 out of the 11 awards - now all potential students have to ask is: was that down to the students or the Uni, or both?



Anyways, if you want to read the full article it can be found on the Press Gazette website.

No comments: