Friday, June 27, 2008

100th post Results Day

I checked my results today and after seeing all the status updates from Uni mates on Facebook I am left feeling very bad indeed.
In my six modules I have got a 57, 60 (a double module), a 61 and a 64 which is all good until we come to Investigating Public Admin which has a 33 next to it. Anyone remotely knowledgeable about how University assessment works knows that is a fail.
I contacted the Uni today and the mark has been confirmed and I now know I have to resit an exam in August and will not graduate until November, if I pass the PA exam second time around.
Which means that all the people I thought I was going to see one last time, I won't see which is not a comforting thought as I had three years of my live with most of them and graduation had been organised in a template sort of way
This news is gutting to me and after first finding out had me contemplating the darkest of thoughts but now time has healed that slightly except I feel a bit fucked up.
All the details will be sent out soon and although I had thought this might happend I wasn't really expecting it especially as I had got a 60-0dd mark in my essay for this module.
The re-sit means I will not be able to go to Magaluf with the lads, the holiday for which I have already paid for, my graduation could (if I pass my re-sit) be in November which leaves me in the limbo until then.
Worst of all, as I have mentioned on here an odd time, my trip to Australia seems doomed - for now at least because I need to stay over here and study to make sure I pass the piece of shit they call PA and graduate in November.
So not a good day at all - I have eaten my way to comfort for a bit and a bit of drinking later could delay the problem solving but I would like to end with the fact that I have posted a lot of ups and downs on this blog throughout my uni life and I am guessing will continue to do so throughout life as a whole - this is certainly a down point :(

No comments: