Saturday, November 11, 2006

Preston FM newsreading

Since I am posting this I think it can be guessed that the newsreading went ok.
After I set up my trial version of Adobe Audition up on my laptop and left preston FM belting out from windows media player so I could record the bulletin I went down to Preston FM studios. (their slogan is "stay pressed on"= Get it...stay "pressed on" in Preston...pure genius!)
I got there after 5pm and met Jermaine, who I was co-reading the news with, who was already there.
After running through the scripts provided and having mock bulletins we were ready to roll for the, nearly 15 minutes, 6:30pm news bulletin.
The head of the Prescap project was driving the desk in studio 2 while me and Jermaine alternated in reading the varying news stories for the bulletin.
Overall, bar the odd trip-over-a-word-in-the-script problem it went very smoothly and I have put myself forward to read it on Thursday as well.
Got back to my flat and it has recorded which I was relieved to find and after around 30 minutes I had edited it into the news package I wanted and am quite proud of myself now :)
I will be involving myself in the news team Monday and maybe Tueday next week although I don't want to overdo my workload with all my assignments and I have got while early December until the station goes off air to broaden my experience.

No comments: