Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Tuesday 17th August

So, this is national post-what-you-did-today-on-your-blog-so-people-in-the-future-can-see-what-an-average-day-is-like-in-2006 is it? Okey dokey.
Well then, Hi my name is Joe and I am 19, I am a 2nd year journalism student at the University of Central Lancashire in Preston and below is my day:
8:30am- Woke up and got dressed for playing 5-a-side football.
9:00am- Arrived at the sports centre to play football, turns out we only have 9 people, so it ends up 5 players V 4.
10:00am- End of 5-a-side football game, we lost :(
10:15-10:45am - Walk back to my student accomadation and set up my Playstation 2 (games console) in readiness for my mates to come round to my flat and play on Pro evolution soccer 5, which is a Playstation 2 game.
11:50am- set off for my 1st University lecture of the day which is Print and online Journalism practice module.

12:00pm-1:00pm- Have a lecture on sports reporting and the various ins and outs of it.
1.00pm-2pm- Attend my International Journalism seminar (smaller group than a lecture) were we discuss how each media medium undertake reporting on International News and the pros of cons of this approach and how it affects the industry.
2pm-4:45pm- Back in my flat, watching Neighbours, an Australian soap programme on British TV, browsing the Internet and play on Pro Evo 5 again. During this I actually have some food!
5:00pm- 7:40pm- Be the microphone controller for the Journalism leaders forum held in Greenbank (the name of the building) lecture theatre. Hold the mic in front of people in the audience who ask questions to the panel.
7:40-9:50pm- Go to the Union bar with a few friends and drink a small quantity of alcohol while watching the Manchester United Vs Copenhagen football match, which United win 3-0. Before leaving to go back to my student accomadation, called Foundry Court in Preston.
10:00pm- 10:15pm- Write this blog! While cooking/eating a microwave cooked Lasagne (note: I like pasta, one of the students best friends)
10:15:10:30pm- Browse the Internet while watching the BBC one news report and the local news report which follows. Hear loud music outside coming from another flat...
10:30:11:00pm- finish writing this post and get ready for bed.
11:00pm- anytime after this I am probably asleep...after all it has been a long day! TC (take care) all.

1 comment:

Bloke said...

Nothing like getting a PS2 ready for a Pro Evo 5 marathon.

Our household is literally counting down the days til the sixth is out. I really cannot wait.