Thursday, August 24, 2006

On this day in history....

....forget all the other things that have happened, even all the GCSE exam results. I remember than a few years ago, came out with 2B's 7C's and 1D so I did pretty well.
Anyway, this day is about me getting my first ever "real" byline (I have had bylines before but they don't really count as it was only my student newspaper).
While on work ex at my local newspaper I have received that prestigious honour of having my name attached to a story and I could not be happier.
It might not be a long piece, the best ever written but it is an serious debate and I love it. One small step at the moment but one huge leap on to the career ladder in terms of enhancing my portfolio, lets hope another one is possible to give me some reward for the effort I have been putting in.
So far I am loving my Newspaper placement and it might, and I do use a modal verb of uncertainty there, might have guided me towards the light of my future career path= Newspaper Journalism. There is still a long way to go on that front so only time will tell...

No comments: