Sunday, July 02, 2006

Lightning, lightning, very very frightening

Not used to watching such bad weather where I live.
One minute eating outside in the warmth, sun out, birds chirping away and the great summery feeling, next watching rain and then thunder and lightning consume my neighbourhood! Lasted for over 2 hours I would say as well.
Bit of a random post but if I have my own blog I can post what I want! and its not everyday I see a storm such as that, especially as at least two people were struck by the storm.

I still have my bar job and been doing 2-3 shifts per week with that but we will have to wait and see how that goes now that England are out of the World Cup (I am not going to dedicate a post to that, despite my vast love of Football and the things I could say...), my local rag newspaper placement begins in 2 months and 3 weeks, which I hope will be good fun and a valuable experience. Maybe, just maybe, I have a placement at the BBC in Manchester for a month. Details are being sorted out tomorrow and I hope that I can get that as it would be fantastic, whatever I would be doing.

No comments: