Saturday, February 05, 2011

update of a down date

It is that time to come into the diary room that is this blog and dust off the cobwebs oncemore to post my random gibberish.

In my defence though, I haven't been around these parts much because not much is going on that I want/feel comfortable with blogging about and putting online.

1) I am still at Asda, working as a shop assistant. I have been asked if I want to go on "development" which means progressing from general busy-body to team leader of a department before management in the long term but I am still mulling over that idea.

I was specially invited to a free "celebration lunch" this Friday, not sure why though, but I can't make it but I have been told some gift will be coming me way so is always good news! Recognition for hard work is gratefully received.

2) I was debating the idea of doing a post-grad, possibly at UCLan or anywhere really but have missed UCLan's deadline for journalism and most others probably. I am not dead set on the idea but it might be time to shine my skills a bit more and update them.

Maybe a night course somewhere offers the same and can get my qualifications back up to speed or am I just looking backwards in time and want the University experience back? It would mean quitting Asda and a lot of expenditure so unsure about my final call on this.

3) I am still applying for journalism jobs and have had a number of knockbacks already this year. Starting not to knock the confidence as much now but I am having times when I wonder if I really am cut out for journalism and can be successful. I proved this in Australia but that was a while ago now . . .

4) On the social side, I have an England V India Test Match booked for later in the year, plan to go to Athens in March for a few days which will be a fantastic experience and a well-deserved break after being UK-bound in 2010 and three gig tickets already booked and pictures etc will be posted on here I hope when they happen.

Still trying to stop this blog coughing up its final bit of phlegm and keeling over but we aren't travelling much above crawling level most of the time and I only have myself to blame for that.

No comments: