Saturday, January 30, 2010

Pyjama drama

I feel I have at least some inside knowledge of this having worked at Sainsbury's and Asda for a while.

But a Tesco store in Cardiff has banned shoppers from coming in doing the groceries while wearing pyjama's

This bascially started because Elaine Carmody was turned away from the store after she went in her pyjama's only wanting to "buy a pack a fags."

Quote of the day from her is: "I've got lovely pairs of pyjamas, with bears and penguins on them. I've worn my best ones today, just so I look tidy." Genius.

Of course, it is ironic that Tesco was the first to breach its own ban! Even if it was only a advert a few years ago.

I am not a fan of The Sun but you have to say they have some crazy ideas - check this out to see if their reporters got stopped from going in Tesco or not. I always see kids being carried on shoulders and banning that is going too far - elf and safety is just going way to far.

I can understand the bare feet ban as that is a little weird...

I have seen people dressed in all sorts of things while at Sainsbury's and Asda and am not aware of any dress codes they have - if they do some have slipped through the net!

In the end this is stupid isn't it? No harm in going shopping in jim-jams even if it may be a little weird. People who get "offended" need to stop moaning - if you don't like it just look away or ague said person it's not like they are hounding you to wear your best PJ's as well ;)

No comments: