Monday, December 28, 2009

End of 2009

I want to post a summary of my year here but I'll start with some pics of the snow! Always nice eh? Pic number 1 is some icicles from outside an upstairs window and number two is a generic snow scene. Very pretty.




So onto my end of year review? Well it was the best year of my life, too sum it up.

As you can read if you browse through the archives on here I blogged once a month to update about how I went to Australia, then get a casual job which blossomed into a job offer which unfortunately I couldn't take due to the visa and financial situation so ended up back in the UK.

I travelled alone to Sydney, Canberra, Hobart and Perth and with my (sort of) Cousin I saw Dirt River Radio, Juke Cartel, Grinspoon, V Festival and we pulled out of seeing Eskimo Joe at the last minute, which I now regret doing.

My first real job in journalism was in Melbourne and consisted of bushfire season coverage - now not many people can say that can they?

Fairfax were fantastic too me and playing for a local soccer team helped me make new friends and enjoy my time over there even more.

My (sort of) cousin and family was the best hosts ever as I know I can be a bit of a knob at times but they somehow looked past that and I am forever grateful.

They introduced me to numerous types of beer I had not drank before and always good to try the local ale. I got to see Melbourne Victory and Richmond play AFL at the MCG - experiences I will never forget and always look back on fondly.

Back in England I had three job interviews, one with the BBC, sadly none of them worked out and the main lesson learned is I need to work on my interview technique. I am still applying so we'll see what happens...

I am realistic. I know 2010 isn't going to get near 2009 for all its adventures but I hope somehow this year is memorable for the right reasons. Please.

No comments: