Friday, April 24, 2009

Pack your bags - you're off to Dandenong

Before we get down to business, I need to poke you in the direction of Dirt River Radio - the keyboard player is my (sort of) cousin's mate. I have listended to and bought a Dirt River Radio CD - the full one coming out around July/August 2009.


Now, I had been working around 10 minutes from (where I have been) calling home but all that changed recently.


Do not get me wrong, the thrill of working at a paper for more than one day a week is awesome - my portfolio is expanding, I am meeting new people and having so many different day to day experiences it really is becoming my dream trip. Three days one week, two the next, then four is greatly expanding my budget.


However, this Dandenong is out of my comfort zone at the moment being a bit far away and all and having to get driven and picked up all the time I feel like a bit of a tool. Not that I am complaining, the main editor is based here - a fellow Pom (there seems to be an awful lot of non-australian's in australia!) so suck it up and impress you trainee foreigner?!



Outside of work, I have sent some papers and a 2009 Melbourne calendar back home to show off to Mum and Dad, my Albert Park stint has finished but I have seen Burnley (Melbourne) - funny how England and Aussie places have some of the same names...not that we invaded them or anything.



This Saturday is Anzac Day, an Australian memorial day, I will post about that any other things later - decision time is approaching on whether or not I spend my 22nd Birthday here.

No comments: