Thursday, December 07, 2006

Sit on Arse Vs Do work

As I sit here drinking a pint of milk from the carton and waiting for my Pasta'N'Sauce to cook in the microwave I will tell you what I have been doing since I last posted.
First, Preston FM went off the air on the 2nd December at midnight so no more of that for me. I enjoyed the volunteering I did for them and they have helped me a hell of a lot in getting my assingment sorted for my Radio assignment (due in on the 14th!) They are hoping to be back next year around Spring some time for another months broadcast.
Frequency 1350am seems a complete shambles, from the "rumours" I have heard but personally I did my last show before xmas Sat 2nd/Sun 3rd as it goes off air on the 8th for refurbishment reasons. The PC was still not working but I came prepared with my own CD this time so the show went ok!
Pluto...grr...the article I did for them wasn't published so I wasted a few hours of my life doing that but shit happens as they say.
Assignments-wise at Uni I have done one, three to go. 1 for the 11th I have all but done, a few finishing touches and it will be sorted, 1 for the 14th...planned but not started really and one for the 15th..erm what was that one again? After the 15th though I will be so f'in glad to finish this semester due to all the work being lumped together but I have enjoyed some of it as well as journalism is the profession I want to go into.
I am using equipment from Preston FM to sort out my radio assignment tomorrow with a vox pop of the Preston public so thats a step in the right direction.
I go home anytime after the 15th so looking forward to that especially as I have been invited out to Manchester for a drunken night out...a night sadly lacking at Uni at the moment
Another crap fact is my TV has broke..."dear santa"... so been without a TV since Sunday and going to manage without one until I go home because I can focus more on my work though...although I am having Pro Evo 6 withdrawal symptoms I think.
Working for Match Recruitment again tomorrow night in Blackburn...bring in some extra money and it was interesting to get waiting-on experience last time, even if I was pretty poor at it!
This is my random thoughts as you may be able to tell in no logical order because last Tuesday I was supposed to be going to Staffordshire to see Leek Town play Sutton Coldfield but no...the rain denied me of the chance (I am not superstitious but twice in a row games called off when i wanted to go...hmm) so we'll have to see how that goes and when I try and go again.
Cannot believe England are 0-2 down in the Ashes...watched the whole of the last day of the 2nd test (I was the only one who stayed till the end and then I played 5-a-side 9-10am...so I was knackered that day) terrible collapse. My advice...Anderson or Giles out for Monty!
Found this great website as well: http://www.blogthings.com/ = can play on their for ages! Pity I have not got a myspace though (If anyone with myspace is reading this.. should I get one?) , but I do have Bebo.....
Sure there was other stuff as well...but can't remember it now. Off to get my washing from the machine so I actually have clothes to wear for tomorrow!

No comments: