Friday, June 04, 2010

Powderfinger and Bob Evans

I posted a little while back about me going too see an Aussie band at Manchester Academy 2 after they were delayed due to thee ash cloud. UPDATED Well, Thursday night was the night and below are some pics. First is the warm-up act Bob Evans from Perth and second are Powderfinger. Top night it was too and very glad I saw them before they split up. They play dates in the UK until June 8 then your only other chance to catch them is in Australia I believe, where they are doing a farewell tour with Jet. In other Australia music news, Dirt River Radio are set to fully release their first full length album entitled Beer Bottle Poetry which has been warmly recieved by some. I am very happy to hear it has the same tracks as the EP, which I have had playing a hell of a lot since I came back from Aus and having first seen these guys live. Hopefully my (sort of) Cousin can get me a copy as I can't wait!

No comments: