Monday, April 12, 2010

Every cloud has a silver lining...even an ash one

Mother Nature has thrown many people into absolute chaos with people stuck everywhere around the globe because of an ash clound grinding airports across the world to a halt.

I was an observer up until a short time ag0 - feeling sorry for all the people caught up in this - but also quietly chuckling in the corner that I wasn't involved.

Well, no more. Hardly the worst crisis but a band I was going to see Tue 27 April have been forced to delay their tour because of this cloud which has now turned from low down the list of my attention to quite high, especially as I have already got my ticket!

Thankfully it has been re-arranged as a short time ago, said band, announced they were splitting up.

Powderfinger are an Australian band and I didn't see them live while over there but became quite hooked on their music so am definetly looking towards seeing them live, especially as it will now be the last time they play over here.

Or will it? Probably but of course people are cynical in this day and age and believe they will be back.

On a final note let's hope this ash cloud business goes away and in the long run the damage is minimal :)

No comments: