Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Round, round, I get around

While I am in Australia I have decided to explore a bit - this is thanks to my income from Fairfax and not working five days a week with them!

I have already been to Sydney as I posted about before, early July I visited the nation's capital Canberra for three days and I got back yesterday from a short trip to Tasmania.

Canberra is not like a capital, especially not of Australia, but it is inbetween the unofficial capitals Melbourne and Sydney so no-one gets unhappy?!

In the capital I saw Parliament House, Lake Burley Griffin about three other museums and other things.

In Hobart sights seen included Cascade Brewery, two AFL football stories, Richmond among others. Only disappointment was not seeing Port Arthur after being booked on a tour which was cancelled as I was the only one on it. Unfortunately by the time I got the message I couldn't re-arrange other things but oh well.

Although not booked it has been cleared with the people that count about me staying for a final month till the middle/end of September.

I hope to leave Fairfax on as high as possible and visit other places in Australia/New Zealand - maybe one more or two trips if financial/time constraints don't get in the way.

English footy season kicks off this Saturday (bloody hell that has come around quick!) and Ashes has two tests to go with England 1-0 up and still going with AFL here and the Aussie soccer starting any time now.

No comments: