Saturday, April 12, 2008

One month to go

Nothing really substantial to post about but just a quick update now that I have entered my finally term doing journalism at University (eek!)
My placement went very well and the assignment I had to hand was successfully completed so we'll see how many (or few) marks that gets me.
I have one assignment back already and another one coming as crunch time gets closer and I am soon to be attempting to pass NCTJ shorthand @ 80 words a minute.
I am back on air every saturday and sunday 10-12 on the student radio station until May 11 so I am enjoying that.
As part of our course we have to produce a 10-page assessed newspaper and I will be the Business and Politics reporter for the next week...after being a general reporter for last week's edition.
I am trying to get some work experience in Melbourne, Australia after I finish my degree as I have relatives over there but so far responses have been a mixed bag, positive but no firm offers or just responses saying my e-mail was deleted sometimes without being opened but I would love to go there and experience the culture and life while doing the career I am destined for...
Finally I'd just like to let you good people know that you should check out Last FM for all your music needs.

No comments: