Thursday, August 04, 2011

before we begin . . .

Before we launch feet first into our A - Z world and beyond I feel compelled to post where I am up to professionally and personally.

I can now add a football club's PR assistant internship to my rejection pile. That makes it Lancashire Telegraph, Adfero, Sale and Altrincham Messenger, Scunthorpe Telegraph, Bury Free Press, BBC and Australia to have rejected me after interview stage.

I am not sure what to do next, still working at a supermarket I could give up the journalism dream and press on with rising up the retail ranks, find a new job completely or go on another working holiday - Canada possibly? University for this year at least has been disregarded, mostly because of the cost and the debate of how much it would actually help me.

Football does not interest me as much anymore, cricket is my main vice now. England V India at Trent Bridge has been seen and Twenty20 finals day at Edgbaston will hopefully be next.


I still hope I can post somewhere in the next 26 posts of a journalism job or at least another interview but with my qualifications getting more and more out of date and my self-confidence taking a further bashing it seems unlikely.

No comments: