Saturday, September 22, 2007

Summer 07

Ok since it has been nearly 2 months since I last updated this and while a little bit may be down too laziness most is down to what I have been doing.
From the start of the summer I had a work experience placement that was planned to last two weeks but ended up lasting three weeks.
I needed to earn some cash which is why the job at the hospital came in very handy. Working 9-5 five days a week really brought in the cash.
I took a week's break to do work experience at another newspaper which was accompanied with a byline and lots more cuttings for my portfolio and a more experience of getting information over the phone.
After some more time in the paid job it was time for my one week placement with the M.E.N. paper. This was a fantastic experience as it is a much bigger organisation and the things I learnt there will surely stand me in good stead for the future, especially the articles I produced and have kept from the paper.
After my summer of journalism I had the best time on a holiday ever. After working from the weekend after I finished Uni until the weekend before I went on holiday - a lad's holiday was the perfect tonic for me ;) I have got loads of great memories and it was top class fun!
3 days after I got back I went to the Big Apple for my Dad's birthday. It was amazing, the way of life their is much more hectic then here and the sights to see were breathtaking and the four days I spent there was a perfect way to end my last summer holiday before I look for a job.
I came back to Uni yesterday and am settling into my new house for my third year. I now do around 20 hours a week for my journalism course and things start on Monday so I am nervous but excited about starting my final year of study at UCLan.

No comments: