Thursday, June 21, 2007

year's longest day

Totally forgot to post about Leek Town's survival in the Unibond Premier League for the 2007/08 season and after last season its truely deserved.
I cannot say the same for Scarborough though, they went out of business yesterday and will need to start from the bottom of the pyramid and it is understandable but it does annoy me that grass roots football is being neglected for the glamour entertainment form that brings in cash. £50m per club for the TV deal would probably give financial security to every team in the non-league!
I am on my penultimate day of my work ex placement at my local radio placement. It was supposed to be 4th to 15th June but I got an extra week (to the 22nd) so I must be doing something right! The news experience as been valuable and improved my skills no end, hope it leads to some kind of job somewhere next summer.
It was one hundred days yesterday that Alan Johnstan was abducted and it is approaching 50 days since Madeline McCann was taken - just hope both are safe and well. On that point, can you believe Mr McCann had his wallet pick-pocketed on his return home? Just return the photos of his daughter has to be the message - the sentimental value is massive
I have a paid job for part of the summer anyways, it might not be pretty but its decent hours and decent pay so it will pad my wallet ready for my third year at Uni and it takes up time that I would be doing nothing otherwise.
Finally, I think I will get my results tomorrow from my 2nd year at Uni, except for the NCTJ law exam which I will get later on. I'm fairly confident I have passed everything, but by how much is the bigger question and has me slightly worried. Judging by previous results it looks like a low 2:1 or a high 2:2 and I'll be reasonably happy with that. Just have to wait and see what tomorrow brings though...wish me luck!

No comments: